Our Relationship with McDonald’s
As a non-profit, we rely on the support of our entire community – both individuals and businesses. Since the opening of the first Ronald McDonald House in 1974, McDonald’s has played a vital role in the growth and continued success of RMHC around the world.
Locally, the McDonald’s Owner/Operators of the Three Rivers Co-Op — representing over 150 regional McDonald’s stores — support RMHC Pittsburgh and Morgantown by:
- Participating on the Charity board of directors
- Organizing and promoting local promotional and fundraising events
- Donating directly to the Charity through fundraising campaigns, Charity sponsorships, in-kind donations, and personal donations
Every time you visit a local McDonald’s restaurant you support RMHC Pittsburgh and Morgantown by:
- Purchasing a Happy Meal or Mighty Kids Meal
- Dropping spare coins and bills into the donation canisters
- Buying a USA Today
Our partnership with McDonald’s is strong but no one organization or individual alone can fund our operating budget so we rely on a diverse pool of supporters, friends, and resources to impact countless lives every year.