A Special Message Regarding Our Meal Programs
Please email Morgan directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a date for your meal donation.
In response to the ongoing developments related to COVID-19, we have had to temporarily suspend in-house volunteers for our volunteer programs, including our meal program. But the need for meals still exists! Please consider the many ways you can help us continue to serve our families through this difficult time.
Support your local restaurants by donating a take-out meal to be delivered or dropping off to Ronald McDonald House Pittsburgh.
- To sponsor/donate a take-out meal at Ronald McDonald House Pittsburgh, please contact Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator, Morgan Knox, directly at email@example.com. Please do not use the meal train to sign up for a date at this time. Morgan will assist in blocking off a date.
- As a reminder, no food can be prepared or cooked at home. All donated items must be from a restaurant or grocery store.
Provide A Meal
Come to the Ronald McDonald House Pittsburgh to cook a meal for our families and help ease their burden of having to be in the kitchen instead of their child’s bedside.
Volunteers can provide breakfast, lunch, or dinner; are free to make menu decisions, and have the full use of our commercial kitchen.
Meal prep can provide a variety of ideal experiences for volunteer groups of all ages. Whether you are seeking a team building experience for employees, a learning experience for a scout troop or are just looking for an opportunity to give back in your community; Meals from the Heart can suit your needs. (Maximum of 12 volunteers per meal).
Signing up for Meals from the Heart has never been easier:
To sign up to provide a Meal from the Heart, please visit Meal Train (use the Pick A Date link below). Meal Train, an online calendar, is an easy way to check available dates, find out what others are making, receive reminders for your meal, and get signed up hassle-free.
- Be sure to follow Ronald McDonald House Pittsburgh’s meal program guidelines. Meal Train offers their own set of guidelines that do not reflect those of Ronald McDonald House Pittsburgh.
- Ronald McDonald House Pittsburgh’s Meal Train is not designed to “hold” dates for groups. When you click on the “volunteer for this” button, please be prepared to provide a meal for that date.
- Once your group has signed up via Meal Train, please contact our Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator, Morgan Knox at 412-246-1103 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, for further instructions.
Please use the links below to schedule your meal, learn the Ronald McDonald House Pittsburgh food prep guidelines, and find the answers to some frequently asked questions. For accessible versions of these PDFs, please contact 412-246-1104.