With tremendous excitement, we are proud to announce as part of our comprehensive campaign that our Morgantown House will be expanding to serve even more families. A significant renovation project will also take place, creating an updated, efficient and welcoming environment for all who stay with us.
Ronald McDonald House Morgantown
Since opening in 1990, Ronald McDonald House Morgantown has provided comfort and support to families traveling to the Morgantown area seeking medical care for their children.
The following admission policies have been established to ensure a safe and supportive environment for the families we serve. Admission policies are subject to change.
- Families must complete an online application as well as a criminal background check for persons 18 and older.
- Upon confirmation of a room/apartment, check-in appointments will be provided to the family.
- Anyone who is experiencing ANY signs of illness will be required to wear a face mask/covering while in the common areas of the House and interacting with others.
- Ensure hand washing, sanitizing and/or wearing of gloves before utilizing main kitchen and laundry facilities.
Ronald McDonald House Morgantown provides 16 single family sleeping rooms. Each room has one queen bed.
Each year, 300 families stay at Ronald McDonald House Morgantown and many more are served through our day guest services.
Families must live 50 miles or more from Ronald McDonald House Morgantown in order to stay there.
Awake staff available around the clock, 24/7 laundry facilities with laundry supplies provided, linen services including sheets and towels, and common areas including living room, kitchen, dining room and game room.
Meals & Pantry
Approximately 1-2 meals are provided each week by volunteers and pantries full of comfort foods are available
Located just across the parking lot from WVU Medicine Children’s the Ronald McDonald House Morgantown provides convenient access to medical facilities and is located close to public transportation.
Requirements to Stay
- All families must have a permanent residence and live 50 miles or more from Ronald McDonald House Morgantown.
- A family must have a child that is currently in treatment and is newborn to 21 years of age.
- The child must be an active patient receiving medical treatment at Morgantown medical centers.
- Anyone over the age of 18 must have valid photo ID.
- Prior to arrival, all parents/guardians must have an approved criminal background check.
Who May Stay
- Any family member or guardian who provides care and support for the child. One room per family – maximum of 2 persons per unit. Each room has one queen bed.
- All overnight guests and day visitors must have an approved criminal background check.
- A referral must be obtained from a clinical professional validating the child is in treatment. The referral form to be completed will be given at the time of registration to Ronald McDonald House Morgantown.
- All families must go through the room request process and all guests must complete a criminal background check to determine eligibility.
- An eligible family is placed on a wait list. This does not guarantee a room. The availability depends on the discharge of families currently residing at Ronald McDonald House Morgantown.
- Confirmation is made only on the date of arrival.
- If a room is not available on the requested date, families will remain on the wait list until an room is open.
- Once confirmed, a House representative will schedule a check-in time.
Request a Room
- To request housing at Ronald McDonald House Morgantown, a family member or guardian must contact the Ronald McDonald House Morgantown via phone call or online form to be placed on the wait list. Please call 304-598-0050 or begin the online registration process.
- A representative of Ronald McDonald House Morgantown will contact you with room availability.
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of the care of the patient, rooms cannot be guaranteed in advance. A family’s length of stay is often uncertain; instead, a family’s name is placed on a wait list for their day of arrival. Rooms are assigned daily as they become available.
- Guests are asked to make a $20 contribution per night but no family is turned away regardless of their inability to pay.
- Financial aid is reviewed by management on an individual basis.
Hotel Referral Program
Because of our high occupancy rate, we work with several area hotels to offer families an alternative. These hotels offer a discounted rate on rooms for families referred by Ronald McDonald House Charities of Morgantown.
Requirements for Hotel Referral:
- You DO have to live 50 miles or greater from Morgantown.
- You must have a patient 21 years of age or younger receiving care at an area medical facility.
We are located at:
841 Country Club Dr.
Morgantown, WV 26505