Family Social Hour
Bring snacks or desserts and plan activities for the families to do together. These events help alleviate stress, give families the opportunity to spend time together and can stimulate positive, hopeful feelings. (2-6 volunteers. Maximum of 10)
- RMHCinema: Bring a G, PG or PG-13 movie and a supply of snacks and drinks.
- Bake & Decorate: Bake and decorate cake, cookies or brownies for our families. Children in the House may want to participate. Food Preparation Guidelines. For an accessible version of this PDF, please contact 412-246-1104.
- Pamper Party: Host a party with hand massages, nail painting and foot soaks. Professionals can provide families with haircuts, chair massages or manicures. Families truly love these events.
- Performance: If you are into entertainment, you can put on a show during dinner! Music Concert, Magic Show, Dance Party, etc.
- Wellness Activity: Rejuvenate our families with a wellness activity! (Certifications Needed) Certified Therapy Dogs, dancing, yoga etc.
- Craft Activity: Bring your creativity to the House and make a craft with our families.
*Please note that family attendance cannot be predicted for the family social hours and will vary based on their medical needs.
For more information, please contact Kara Kimble at 302-322-2073 or at firstname.lastname@example.org