Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Associate – Annual Giving is responsible for building a broad base of support by developing and implementing an ongoing fundraising plan to acquire, cultivate, renew and increase annual giving support to RMHC. This position will manage donor communications, donor recognition and stewardship, prospect research and moves coordination.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- In collaboration with the Development Director, develop and execute a strategic plan for annual fund giving efforts.
- Work in collaboration with various staff, volunteers, board members, and donors to build a wide network of support to acquire, cultivate, renew and increase annual fund gifts.
- Maintain a portfolio of 75-100 top annual fund donors; establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with donors.
- Meet with Director of Development regularly to discuss strategies and opportunities fulfilling the moves management model stages; conducting portfolio reviews to identify potential major gift, grant, sponsor or volunteer prospects.
- Compellingly articulate the mission, vision, and exceptional attributes of organization in language directed to various audiences. Be able to effectively describe any organizational project, the cost to accomplish the project, and the expected outcomes to donors.
- Create and successfully execute multiple annual fund campaigns (mailings and emails) including the end of year mailing, quarterly family engagement, and volunteer solicitations, and board of director’s stewardship outreach.
- With a committed effort to renew previous gifts and cultivate new gifts from individuals, assist in managing the donor benefit structure, the creation of annual brochures and written appeals, the organization of lead segments for direct mail.
- Work with third-party mail vendor to individualize direct mailings for improved messaging and results.
- Enhance and maintain a stewardship program for annual fund gifts received both directly to RMHC and through third-party mail vendor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred three years of annual fund experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Excellent written and verbal, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient Microsoft office, project management, and social media skills
- Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for non-profit organizations and working with people
- Background Clearances; this position requires lifting up to 20lbs with frequent lifting/carrying of up to 10 lbs. The position also requires walking, standing and sitting.
To apply for this position, please email Megan Skubovius, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Overnight and Weekends
Guest Relations Staff – RMH Morgantown
Reporting to the House Manager, Guest Relations staff member will be responsible for supporting the front desk operations, including registration of guests, providing assistance to patients and families and administrative house support, which contribute to the established goals and operations of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Pittsburgh and Morgantown, Inc. (RMHC).
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Responsible for checking guests in and out following established guidelines
- Responsible for answering phones
- Maintaining organization of front office area
- Ensuring kitchen area is orderly and stocked including the pantry and kitchen supply closet areas
- Provide support to patients, families and guests as necessary to full fill the mission of the charity
- Accept donation (Pop tabs and Monetary).
- Complete house linen/laundry.
- Clean guest rooms after a check out according to RMHC standards (stock room for new guests).
- Light duty cleaning in common areas.
- Complete special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Conform to all policies and procedures established by RMHC Management.
- Maintaining confidentiality information acquired of any and during your work study experience at RMHC, which may not be shared with any external third parties.
- Must be able to work overnight shifts and weekends
- Verbal communication and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Interest, enthusiasm and affinity for non-profit organizations and working with people
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Customer experience preferred
- Must be reliable
- Criminal background checks
This position requires lifting up to 20 lbs with frequent lifting/carrying of up to 10 lbs. The position also requires walking, standing and sitting.
To apply for this position, please email Kara Kimble, House Manager Ronald McDonald House Charities Morgantown, at email@example.com